Tuesday, February 18, 2014

What a difference a week makes.......

It is so hard to believe that this time last week we were having a big old snow storm and everything was in snow chaos.  Today was beautiful, sunny and 64 degrees.  A perfect spring day.  We are so blessed to have enjoyed the beautiful snow and so blessed that it didn't linger very long.  Back to normal!!
 
Several ladies came today to work on the Christmas Card Mat project with Miss Martha.
Meredith (my daughter-in-law) trying to decide how to place her cards.  This was the first class Meredith has taken with me (or Miss Martha) and I hope she'll be excited to come back for more!   
Gerry was really enjoying this project.  She was the first to finish and already talking about how many more she wants to make!  They can be addictive!! 
Lori was busy cutting and planning her mat as she worked.  I believe this was her first time here also.  I'm trying to get her hooked on sewing so we'll have to wait and see!  She loved the new "carrots and hares" project, especially since her last name is Hare! 
Hmmm.........Sandra muses.......which card do I choose next?  Her mat is looking great! 
Carla asks for a little help from Miss Martha 
Now that the cards are all cut out, let's get them placed.................... 
A little assistance from the expert! 
After the ladies left, I had some work that needed to be done.......then off to the dye kitchen to dye a few pots of red wool for tomorrow's class.  It was so beautiful outside and I had the door open and the fresh air flowing in..........and the pots simmering.......just look at the red wool just waiting to be turned into a Santa! 
I dyed several shades of red so there will be plenty for the ladies to choose from.  We're doing All Through the Night's Santa pattern tomorrow.  So far everyone that has taken the class has really enjoyed it and quite a few have reported back that they have finished their Santa's.  See, this working on Christmas projects early is a good thing!!
 
I can't wait for Thursday when we're supposed to be at least 70 degrees to get back in the dye kitchen......I need to do some chick yellow!
 
Hope you're busy enjoying the weather and doing a little stitching.

2 comments:

  1. I finished my Santa on the towel and loved it! In fact, loved it so much that I decided to do some bunnies on the green towels I purchased from you. Hope it is legal - I used the template for the running bunny on the mat I made at your house last year (or the year before?)! Now I have coffee stained another green striped towel and wondering what I can turn it into. (Oh, also, added a crow and stitched the word "CROW" on a black and white towel.) Talking about addictive!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl.....and all perfectly legal!!

    ReplyDelete