Monday, January 19, 2015

Where does the time go?

 
The last time I posted it was November and the next thing you know, Thanksgiving has come and gone, Christmas has come and gone, New Year's got here in a hurry and I haven't posted a thing.  Let's just say life has been busy around here and leave it at that!!  And this is by no means a promise that I will post again in the next week or month!!  Who knows?  Anyway, I wish you all a very happy New Year and hopefully one blessed with health, happiness and lots of time for stitching.
 
I'm going to blitz you with a few pictures but not overwhelm you with all the holidays that have come and gone.
I love after Christmas when things are empty, a blank slate just waiting for something fresh.  I tried to keep things clean and simple after Christmas, not putting back as much as I had out before Christmas and also trying out pieces in different places. 
Well, look who stopped by for a visit.  Little Joshua......building a town with the help of his Poppy.  He loves for Poppy to get on the floor and build with him.  Hmmmm......architect in his future?  Right now just a happy little boy. 
Decided to hang this quilt I made last year for something different.  Imagine, a flag!! 
And the women that come here regularly noticed right away that I changed the picture that was over the fireplace with the framed flag.
I started Weight Watcher's again, thus the fresh fruit and veggies.  I find that if I keep them handy I will grab them instead of chocolate!!   
And after joining Weight Watchers I decided it was time to empty out the old spice cabinet, get rid of the expired bottles and see what I needed to add to my collection.  Have you checked the expiration dates on your spices lately?  I had one bottle in there that was dated 2010!!!  That was definitely a little used spice. 
Now look who stopped by for dinner.  Look at my beautiful quilt hanging behind Joshua.  Those are some of the Civil War blocks that I put together into a smaller piece rather than the large quilt.  I think I ended up with four or five different sized pieces from those 83 blocks.   
And I got out the Halloween piece my sister and I started together this fall when she was visiting.  All those little pickets needed to be stitched down.  I worked on this while my husband was in the hospital recently.  Got quite a bit done and I am happy to report that they are now all finished and I have appliqued some sweet little trick or treaters on the block.  Can't wait to find more stitching time for this evolving piece. 
The other day I put together some random fabrics from my scrap basket to make a long runner. Then I decided to get real industrious and quilt it myself.  I carry so much to Laura and I think sometimes I just need to do a little more on my own.  I wanted this done sooner than later and didn't have time to get to Laura, so I did what I know how to do and just straight line quilted it.  Not sure what is going on here yet but it may be a future class.  Just sayin'..................... 
Speaking of future classes, I've been working on a cauliflower cookbook project.  It is in the beginning stages, but it coming along.  I was hoping this could be a February class so I really need to step it up.  I have been collecting cauliflower recipes since last year in preparation for this little book.  I hope you will want to do this project and see how versatile cauliflower is.  And good for us too.
From this to.........................
this!!!!  Now doesn't that look yummy?!!
Wednesday I have my first birthday party class here.  I'm excited and I hope the ladies that are coming are just as excited since the projects are a surprise!!  I've never done anything like that before but I think they will be happy with the projects I've created for them.
And speaking of the birthday class, I was putting together their bags this evening.  Hmmmm.......wonder what is in there?  shhhhhhh.........it's a surprise!!
 
I hope you all have a great January (see no promises you'll hear from me again this month, lol) and find some time to do a little stitching!  Come see me when you can.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment